Site Reliability Engineer - Cloud Platform
AxonIQ is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to join our globally distributed team, specifically our Cloud Platform Team. You will work closely with the Cloud Platform engineers, the other product development teams, and the marketing team to ensure the AxonIQ Cloud Platform’s operational reliability.
We are a fast-growing, leading software company in event sourcing, DDD, and CQRS. Not familiar with these topics? No worries, we will get you up to speed, but if you are, then that is an advantage. As a Site Reliability Engineer, together with your team members, you'll operate, automate, and secure the infrastructural components that make up the AxonIQ Cloud Platform.
What you will be doing:
Goal: Ensure the security and resilience of the AxonIQ Cloud Platform. It is really up to you to decide how to do it!
We’re thinking of:
- Building and maintaining the infrastructure CI/CD pipelines.
- Provide support to the platform users, especially when we need to get into the technical and infrastructural details.
- Guide the development team in adopting best practices to improve the resilience of the Platform.
- Conduct and participate in Post Mortem meetings to learn from past incidents.
- Generally, making failures -no matter the cause- less painful.
But if you’re up for it, you’ll also be able to:
- Write blogs, present at conferences and webinars, and do demos.
- Give training, record webinars.
- Commit to other projects, such as Axon Server and Axon Framework
What you bring...
- Good communication skills, both written and spoken, in English.
- At least three years of experience as an SRE or in a similar role.
- Decent programming skills.
- Experience in dealing with security on the Internet.
- Proven experience with setting up and running Java applications. Experience with analyzing operational issues and performance issues of Java applications is a definite plus.
- Proven experience in operating Kubernetes
- Experience with setting up and maintaining applications in the Public Cloud (e.g., GCP, AWS, Azure)
Why working at AxonIQ is the right thing for you...
- The desire to learn is the single most important trait in our company.
- We have colleagues all over the world with different backgrounds, values, and ambitions.
- Our team’s diversity allows us to see opportunities from different angles, reaching better results than any individual could do alone;
- We have several Values that capitalize on our differences by process of continuous learning from each other:
- We ask questions like “why” and “how” often.
- We value and promote open communication.
- We experiment with new ideas, measure the results, and improve.
- We value each other for who we are and for what we bring to the table.
- We take initiative, embrace mistakes and learn.
- We are ambitious.
- We are not restricted by managers or budgets; if anyone comes up with a great idea, we do it.
- We do cool stuff, tell the world about it, and have fun doing it!
- We put quality first, always.
- Because we are a fast-growing company, no month will be the same.
- Plenty of opportunities for (personal and professional) growth
- We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
- You can work from anywhere in the United States or Europe.